'In peace true soldiers are captive lions, fretting in their cages. War gives them their liberty and sends them, like boys bounding out of school, to obtain their heart's desire, or perish in the attempt. Battle is the soldier's vital breath! Peace turns him into a stooping asthmatic. War makes him a whole man again, and gives him the heart, strength, and vigour of a hero.'
C.T. Studd (famous British missionary)

Life's adventure

That was a cold winter!

When I think of the goodness of Jesus, 
And all that He's done for me,
My very soul shouts out, 'Hallelujah!'
Praise God for saving me!

Through good times, through bad times, through tough times, and through every experience of my life, I have proved that God is faithful and his word is true.

Walking through life with Christ Jesus is an adventure. He never promised a bed of roses, but he did say that he would never fail us or let us go. He would be with us always, even when we do not sense that he is near.

I am the living proof and witness that this is true, and  that Jesus is the Son of God, God in the flesh, risen from the dead, and alive for ever more.

You can have all your theories and arguments, your own ideas of what might be the truth: but I am the proof, the evidence. 
My life is built upon God's Word (the Bible), and through times of failure, times of victory, and times of patiently waiting for things to happen, I live to tell my story of just how good God has been to me.

There is no argument on earth that can contradict my living experience of knowing God, and better still, of being known by God. 

You can talk about me nicely, or you can talk about me badly; and some may even try to curse me with their own vindictiveness or hatred, but I am loved of God and held in the palm of his hand.

I laugh at my enemies, for sometimes there are 'many that say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. But, You, O LORD, are a shield for me; You are my glory and the One who lifts up my head!'  (Psalm 3:2-3)

'O taste and see for yourself that the Lord is good. Very happy is the person who trusts in him.'  (Psalm 34:8)



JGM    2022




 

Search This Blog